Thursday, June 2, 2016

HOW TO CRAM AUSTIN ADVENTURES INTO 1 DAY

In the beginning of May my parents and my cousin came to visit me in Austin! They also brought my puppy! Last time my cousin Hannah came to visit, we ran out of time to do a whole lot of Austin things so this time around we crammed as much as we could into one day.

CEDAR DOOR
When they got there we went to the Cedar Door for lunch. This place has delicious brisket grilled cheese and it's dog friendly so Snickers joined us at the table.




ZILKER PARK
Then we took Snickers to Zilker Park. We walked all around and checked out Barton Springs, which is a place I'll have to take Hannah to next time. 


GRAFFITI PARK
After that, Hannah and I went on our own adventures. First on the list was Graffiti Park. This is a must for anyone visiting Austin. It's fun to climb up to the very top and look at how the walls change every day.




CATHEDRAL OF JUNK
Next we went to the Cathedral of Junk. This place is too cool! This guy created the most amazing structure out of anything and everything in his backyard!! Visits are by appointment only, but he let us in with a $10 donation. 










MOZARTS
Lastly we stopped by Mozarts to check out the view. This is my favorite place to come study and get homework done. 


We then met up with my parents and got dinner at Trudy's. Always a good choice when in Austin. Next Hannah and I really wanted to catch the bats flying out from under the bridge downtown. I've been once when I was younger, but I don't remember it that much and I haven't been since! We were out there on the bridge and probably waited an hour and never saw them. I guess they came out before we got there? We'll just try again next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment