Friday, July 4, 2014

SUMMER ADVENTURES

This summer I have been crazy busy. Not just busy with preparing for college, but I'm also constantly busy with hanging out with friends. It's probably the best way to be busy. This week leading up to me leaving for camp on friday is completely full of little adventures with my friends.

On Sunday...
Shannon and I went shopping and found some really cute shorts! Then we went and got Great American cookies where they have that deal of buy 5 get one free, so yes we bought 6 cookies and ate them all and I don't feel guilty about it one bit. After making a stop at sonic, we went back to my house and painted these canvases on my back porch. It's been a long time since I last painted so it felt good to be crafty with my best friend.


On Monday...
Maci and I ventured out to the lake but went the completely wrong direction and ended up on the opposite side. But we found this really cool park that has a bunch of picnic tables spread out by the water with lots of trees for hammocking. And that's exactly what we did of course. After adventuring down by the water and taking these cute pictures we went back to set up our eno hammocks. I forgot to mention though... it was extremely windy. Setting up our hammocks was soooo hard and hilarious because the wind kept catching them. And just when we thought we got it all set up, I got in my hammock and was practically laying on top of Maci. After we finally got it figured out, our friend Megan came and joined us and we ended up hammocking for about 4 hours. It was so nice spending so much time with them with an awesome view like this.

On Tuesday...
I took my cousin, Hannah, to the lake that Maci, Megan, and I went to on Monday. She was at camp all last week so it was nice to catch up with her. We first made a stop by bahama bucks of course because we are addicted. Then we hung out by the water for a little bit and then hung my hammock up in some of the trees. It was really funny trying to get the two of us to fit in my single nest eno, but we made it work. I'm so thankful to have a cousin that I'm so close to. We laughed so much today that my voice is worn out. I love days like these.

On Wednesday...
I had a nice lunch with Shannon and our moms at J Macklin's of course. Then my mom and I went and got pedicures, which we have become quite obsessed with doing lately. Later that night, my church was holding an event where a bunch of food trucks came. My friends and I all chose to wait in the longest line of course (almost a 2 hour wait) but it was totally worth it. The truck was called Ruthie's Rolling Cafe and it had a bunch of different types of grilled cheeses. I got "The Boss" and Ali got the "Italian Hippy" and we shared them and oh my gosh. It was the best grilled cheese I have ever had. Seriously if you live in the Dallas area, you need to check this place out. After we devoured our delicious grilled cheeses, a bunch of us headed over to Ali's house for a surprise birthday party for our friends Ric and David. That was a lot of fun getting to hang out with everyone and eating some delicious cake.

On Thursday...
It was July 3rd and our town had a huge fireworks show going on that night. I was so excited to go because usually every year my family goes to my uncle's house in Oklahoma and we get to shoot off fireworks in his neighborhood, but I leave for camp on the 4th and won't be able to go. But this way I still got to see some awesome fireworks and got to spend some time with a bunch of my friends before I left.

On Friday...
We decided to be crazy rebels and snuck into this beautiful place. I only had a little bit of time before I had to leave so we just stopped by for a little bit to get some cool pictures. Then I finally left for Camp Pike!!! I have been anticipating going back to my favorite place on earth as soon as I stepped off the bus last year and it's finally here! Can't wait to make a post about it when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment